What We Can Do For You
Ovie Gibson is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Tax Resolution Specialist, and Certified Tax Coach with 30+ years of experience working with the IRS and State Tax Departments. The team at Ovie Gibson CPA AC believes that you, as our client, are our priority.
Tax Resolution Services
As a Certified Tax Resolution Specialist, we have expertise in the resolution of individual and business tax issues. This includes IRS and state tax problems, audit representation, communicating with the IRS and State Tax Departments on your behalf, and negotiating the best resolution strategies.
Life happens…17% of people have tax problems for various reasons, and owe back taxes to the IRS or State Tax Department. Remember there are solutions, based on your circumstances, to give you peace of mind.
We have expertise in resolving federal and state tax issues that hopefully your business has never encountered:
- Filing back tax returns, payroll withholding, unemployment, income and sales taxes problems
- IRS and state audit preparation assistance and representation
- Communicating and negotiating with the IRS and state tax departments on your behalf to resolve these issues and attempt to eliminate costly penalties
- Analyzing and implementing the best resolution strategies leading to “peace of mind.”
Each strategy carries with it its own unique process, procedures and qualifications. Having an experienced Tax Pro in your corner ensures you are taking advantage of the best options available to you.
We will be your advocate with the IRS or state to resolve your tax problems. Be proactive today and contact Ovie Gibson CPA at 304-343-6264.
What Causes Tax Problems?
- Financial difficulties
- Job loss
- Illness in the family
- Failure to file taxes
- Sticking our head in the sand
- Feeling life is out of our control
- Business sales tax issues
- Business failure to file or pay 941 withholding taxes
What Are Possible Tax Resolution Strategies?
- Filing any back tax returns
- Offer in Compromise – Doubt as to Collectibility
- IRS and State Audit Representation
- Offer in Compromise – Doubt as to Liability
- Penalty Abatement Attempt
- Currently Not Collectable
- Installment Plan
- Partial Payment Plan
- Lien Subordination Attempt
- Levy Release Attempt
- Audit Reconsideration
- Innocent Spouse
- Equivalency Hearing
- Communication & Negotiations with IRS & State Tax Agencies
- If you owe between $10,000 and $200,000 plus, the IRS and State have many flexible resolution strategies available to taxpayers:
Why Should You Contract with Us to Resolve Your Tax Issues?
The top reasons why individuals and business owners find hiring a local CPA, with Certified Tax Resolution Specialist credentials, is the smartest thing to do if you OWE money to the IRS or State:
- Contrary to popular belief, you DO have rights as a taxpayer that you probably don’t even know exists. One of those rights is the right to representation. If an IRS or State revenue officer or revenue agent calls or “visits” you, did you know you are under no obligation to answer any of their questions? You politely respond by asking for their contact information, telling them you are in the process of hiring a professional to represent you, and that this person will contact them directly.
- A CPA that deals with IRS problems for a living knows the “ins” and “outs” and how to deal with the IRS and State Tax Departments so that your rights are protected. A Certified Tax Resolution Specialist also knows how to get you the lowest possible settlement. Generally, our clients never meet or speak with the IRS once we are on the scene!
- If you are being audited, or about to be, the IRS or State will ask you about 50 very intrusive questions in the initial interview with them. How you answer these questions will dictate the fate of your case. Having a tax resolution specialist conduct these meetings, WITHOUT you is the best course of action I can recommend. Half of the referrals to the IRS’s criminal investigation division (CID) come from that “nice” guy or gal you are sitting across the table from at the audit.
We Have the Experience and Expertise To Give YOU Peace of Mind. For example:
A lawyer referred his client who had a complex IRS tax problem. She came to my office in tears because she received a letter that the IRS was going to garnish her wages due to owing back taxes. The IRS was about to garnish her wages, which would result in her losing her job. She had been working with another tax professional and thought he had filed her returns. She received a letter from the IRS and realized her problem had not been dealt with.
We pulled IRS transcripts and found she hadn’t filed tax returns for 2013, 2014 and 2015. We negotiated with the IRS to stop wage garnishment, prepared the tax returns and made a settlement to resolve the issue. The tax problem, in this case, was not as complex as she originally thought. We had a fast resolution and alleviated her stress.
Bookkeeping & Accounting
Ovie Gibson CPA AC provides quality services for small businesses. Our accounting strategies include quarterly estimates and tax planning that will help you avoid unwanted tax payment surprises. Your accounts will remain tax compliant with ever-changing regulations, protecting your business from avoiding IRS penalties.
Our bookkeeping services will free up your time to focus on running your company. We provide reliable, proactive service to keep your accounts report-ready throughout the year. By utilizing QuickBooks clean up and management, our CPAs will have your financial system running smoothly.
The bookkeeping and accounting services include:
- Record cash disbursements and receipts
- Perform bank reconciliation for all bank accounts
- Record accounts receivable or accounts payable
- Record depreciation using information derived from the fixed asset register maintained by the Company
- Record other accruals and adjustments, as necessary
- Prepare general ledger and trial balance
- Prepare quarterly and year-to-date financial statements
- Meet with management to discuss and review quarterly financial results
Preparing your own income tax return can be a task that leaves you with more questions than answers. Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simple return can be confusing. It is just too easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even computer software programs can be a hassle. There’s no substitute for the assistance of an experienced tax professional. Here’s what you can expect when you work with Ovie D Gibson, CPA AC:
- Your tax return will be checked and rechecked by our computer software, identifying potential problems the IRS may look at more closely and reviewing the math to limit IRS contacts.
- File your tax return electronically for a quicker refund return.
- Our staff will show you how to adjust your payroll withholding to get more money back each week.
- We will show you potential deductions to limit your tax liability for next year.
Contact Ovie Gibson CPA at 304-343-6264 to schedule a phone, in person or virtual appointment to discuss your tax return needs.
Days until April 15
Business Client Services
You started your business with a dream of pursuing your passion that could also make a living. You became a small business owner. Perhaps your interests give you a creative outlet at a salon, auto collision shop, catering business, restaurant, legal firm, medical practice or other areas. However, all businesses require financial compliance and tax regulations that take time away from doing what you love. Research shows 82% of businesses failures are due to cash flow problems.
As a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Tax Coach, Ovie Gibson CPA AC team can help you with accounting and bookkeeping, proactive tax planning, tax preparation, bookkeeping, payroll services, and QuickBooks assistance.